Friday, March 16, 2012

Photography Class- IVC

So... last summer I took a photography class at IVC. I learned a lot! Here are the pictures I took for my four assignments. The reason I took pictures of my pictures is because all my photos were shot in raw and I found it a lot easier to do it this way! Also, I took the pictures that belong to one assignment on a certain color wall so it is easier to remember which one belongs to what assignment. Whew! That was a wordy sentence(:

Enjoy<3

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""\/"""""""""""""""""""""""""'

For this the first assignment
I had to catch something in motion.
This is Matty's marble run.

        I had to freeze a moving object.

Here i had to get a shallow depth of field

                           
                                              Here I had to get a large depth of field
                                                 

                                             My next assignment was texture and light
                                       Try to guess what the following four pictures are!





Here I had to make people the subject of my picture. 
           There was a mirror on the table and my grandpa was playing chess to I took the picture(: I also got the couch in the background.

I was watching my little neighbor, Micah, play with duckies in our kitchen sink and snapped this one over this shoulder.
                                               

       My grandma was just sitting in a chair eating wafer cookies and i asked her to hold her cookie up to the light for me. I also liked her ring!!!


Here is Micah again(: I think he was eating something but I'm not sure!


      My last assignment was color as subject.These photos kind-of explain themselves(: I picked a color theme but did not want to take pictures of obvious the that people would normally take pictures of. I did take a picture of an egg, blueberriy, and bellpepper but decided against that.



             
                 This picture of the hangers I took the morning of class just as I was about to leave. Good thing I did because it was one that my teacher liked!



 
                         And finally, these photos are extras, ones that didn't cut it for an assignment, or ones that I just love!

                   I was going to use this one for my people assignment but decided not to. I still printed it because i liked it. I chose the mirror picture over this one though.


This one i did not take. Another student took this for his "people as subject" assignment.
It was really bright, which is why I was squinting, which is why it is not my favorite picture of me. 
But the architecture and the way it was set up was cool.


                Many people in my class were found the people as subject project really hard. So a group of us walked around campus taking pictures of people. This campus policeman posed for us!


      I love Caleb's profile! He was playing with duckies too! My teacher loved his eyelashes!


So yeah, that's it!
Oh. In case you could not figure out what my light and texture pictures were of I will tell you.
The first on is Lauren's perfume bottle, well part of it. The second is the inside of our neighbor's washing machine. The third is Matty's hair. And the last one is a handkerchief on my desk.
                                                 
                                                Okay, Now I am really finished!!

7 comments:

  1. wow! these are beautiful! Im really really impressed! you are sooo good!! Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I . . . I'm stunned! I can't even pick which one is my favorite. WOW! Was Matty's hair cut? It didn't look like the hair was still on his head. (I know, that sounds weird) I'm still amazed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really cool! =) You are VERY artistic, and I love seeing the world the way you see it. =)
    Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank-you so much everyone. I'm soo thank-ful for this talent God has given me(:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you take this class at Irvine Valley College (IVC) or another place?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I took this class at Irvine Valley College(:

    ReplyDelete
  7. These pics are really great!!! LOVED them! Great gift you have there :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or two! Thank-you