Friday, October 12, 2012

The Praying Mantis

Today Matty found a Praying Mantis in our garden. I am not a bug person and I do not like touching bugs. However, I do think some bugs, (praying mantises) are cool. So Matty did the touching and holding and I took the pictures. It was pretty funny, when it decided to crawl up his arm and onto his face. It was very fast! But anyway, i'll let the pictures speak for themselves(:
Enjoy

;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;





































I thought this praying mantis did an excellent job blending into its surroundings


9 comments:

  1. That's so cool! It was pretty big, too! lol I love the pictures of it on Matty. The last one with it on top of his head is completely classic! Totally fair-worthy! XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like, really like! Didn't you do a bit of free-lensing in these? I love Matty's face when the mantis is upon him. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you both. I actually didn't do any freelensing. I did use my 70mm zoom, just because it is really good for close ups as well as far away.

      Delete
  3. Matty, don't eat it!!

    These are fantastic photos, Allison. Really great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe that's the one we put in your yard!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or two! Thank-you