Monday, March 19, 2012

Jean Bag

Two days ago Lauren gave me a pair of corduroy jeans to do with as I liked because they had a hole in them. I decided to make a purse. I was so excited as I had never attempted to make one before. I did not have a pattern but did have a slight idea of how I wanted it to look. I knew it had to be cute and durable.
I took pictures of my journey as I went.
So here you go and enjoy
============================================
First I cut the legs off the jeans and sewed them together


                      Then I cut excess material off as this was the top of the bag.


Then I folded it in half and cut that excess material off the sides as well.


     Next I measured about 1 1/2 inches from the side and pined them up
                        And then I scrunched the sides up as I sewed both the sides of the purse.

After the body of the purse was made, I cut the back pocket of the jeans off.


Then I sewed them inside the purse.


I did the same to the other pocket

Next I took what ever material was left and cut 1 1/2 in strips


            And pined them together for the strap


I made two straps and sewed them together to make it stronger
I also decided to use a different color thread to give the purse more color



So far so good
Here I was adjusting the strap to make sure it was at the length I wanted



When I decided the right length, I sewed the straps on the purse
I did sew up the top a little more to keep it from gaping open.


    For decoration, I cut out the Old Navy sign on the jeans and sewed it onto the front of my purse


Next I choose a button and sewed that on 






                                                              Then I made a button hole


And here is the finished product!

The ruffled edge


                                                              Me and my new purse


And a closer look

8 comments:

  1. That is really cool. Thanks for showing the whole process. I never would have thought to make a purse out of an old pair of jeans. (I don't think that I would have thought to make a purse out of anything!) My favorite part was the Old Navy part that you sewed on! The finished product looks very professional, just saying! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you!It took a while but it was worth it(:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the play by play pics and thought process that went with it! Great creativity and skill!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are SO amazing, Ally!! I want to be just like you when I grow up! ;) lol

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or two! Thank-you