Monday, February 20, 2012

Haiku


Currently, in my English class, I have been writing all kinds of poetry. I am finding haiku fun and easy! Haiku is Japanese poetry. It is a poem of seventeen syllables and is made up of three lines. The first line has five syllables, the second seven, and the third five again. The only hard part for me is figuring out what to write about(: Here are my three pieces
Enjoy
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""


Brown leaves slowly fall
from the trees hitting the ground

time to rake them up





A horse gallops free

across a wide stretch of plain

I look on in wonder.


(I asked my sister, Lauren, "what should I write about?" She said "horses," so here it is and here is a picture of her on a horse!



Cold droplets of water
fall steadily upon on me
fresh and delightful

(I don't have a picture for this one):

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! You're SO much better at poetry than I am. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I agree with David. I probably couldn't top all of that. :P I especially like the last one!!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or two! Thank-you