Saturday, April 14, 2012

Bunfold's Meadowcream Cake

Two years ago, I read Redwall by Brian Jacques for English Class. I had to choose one of five projects to do that went along with my reading.  I chose to make a Recipe. I attached the recipe and some pictures of my dessert. I did make a few changes though. I used two jams(strawberry and blueberry) instead of one. After assembling it, I put peppermint, as well as blue berries, strawberries, raspberries, and black berries on top and on the sides to give it more color. I also dusted it with powder sugar to make it look like snow. Since I used two cake pans it would have been difficult to split them into thirds, so I cut them both in half, which gave me four layers of cake. It was delicious and everyone in my family, including me, really enjoyed it!
I hope you try it out!!


_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_


Bunfold's Meadowcream Cake

  • Yellow cake mix
  • Vanilla frosting
  • Seedless (if you can find it) strawberry jelly
  • Cool whip or whipped cream
  • fresh fruit or nuts
Buy a box of Yellow cake mix(I used Trader Joe's) and prepare according to directions. When cake has baked and cooled, slice into three circles. Layer the first cake circle with seedless strawberry jelly. Enough to cover suface, but more or less according to taste. Mix a thrid of a can of vinlla frosting with a big tub of whipped cream or Cool Whip. Spread mixture over second cake cirle, and press all three cake circles together. Frost cake with remaining frosting mixture. Leave plain or decorate with fresh fruit and nuts. Refiderate any unused portions of cake and frosting. Happy snacking!

                                             And now for the pictures...
















4 comments:

Please leave a comment or two! Thank-you