Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Easy Stir-Fry Chicken & Broccoli

So my mom wants me to cook a meal once a week and I started today. I choose to make Easy Stir-Fry Chicken & Broccoli. It was pretty good although I forgot to double the sauce. I decided to add carrots and garlic which was a nice touch. I would recommend after cooking the meat, to put the chicken to the side and cook the veggies separate and then add everything togeather at the end, instead of just adding the raw veggies to the meat. So here is the recipe and some pictures(: My mommy was happy because it had lots of veggies in it. 
Enjoy 

[[[[[{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{]]]]]]


EASY STIR-FRY CHICKEN & BROCCOLI
1 lb. chicken breast strips
2 tbsp. oil
4 c. vegetables (broccoli, red & green peppers strips, sliced water chestnuts)
1 1/2 c. chicken broth
3 TBSP. soy sauce
3 TBSP. cornstarch
2 TSP. brown sugar
1 1/2 c. rice
Stir fry chicken in hot oil in large skillet until brown. Add vegetables; stir until done. Mix broth, soy, cornstarch and sugar. Add to skillet. Boil, continue for 2 minutes. Prepare rice. Serve chicken mixture over hot rice.
















9 comments:

  1. Haha, I'm always forgetting to double stuff, too. =P lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fantastic. I do love me some brown rice. Other good starches for stir-fry are soba and rice noodles (I like the really wide ones).

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or two! Thank-you