Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Yellowstone Part 5

So this was our last day in the Tetons): I loved the time we spent there.
This was more of a relaxed day. 

Day 9

Guess what I had for breakfast?
Another yummy breakfast sandwich!!

Since we loved Jenny lake so much, we decided to take our raft there and enjoy the scenery.

Since it had leaked a bit of air since we last used it, we had to manually blow it up because we couldn't find a  place to plug in our air pump.


we had a crowed watching our departure


After an hour, we had to head back.
It got so windy that it was really hard to keep the boat from constantly going in circles.

when we got closer to shore, Matty and I decided to swim.




eating lunch

After that we went to a visitor center and then a few hours later went to eat an early dinner.
we went back to were we had gone the night before and got the half size nachoes and a cheese plate!


On our way to a ranger program we spoted(i think) a white tailed deer


This ranger talked about climbing  the Grand Teton

Afterward, Matty and I finished our junior ranger worksheet and became junior rangers.

Thank-fully I wasn't the oldest(:
But the badges were pretty cool, and you could only get them by completing the program.

Afterwards, we celebrated and got ice cream.
I got huckleberry and bubblegum ice cream


packing up


Day 10

The next morning, we left early-ish(6am) and visited the historical  Cunningham cabin.
We also helped a family jump their car.










If you are standing on the Grand Teton, you can look down on airplanes!

the second time in one day that we helped jump a car!

Breakfast time!!!
I laughed when I saw the name, because my nickname is Bubba


This was an amazing breakfast!
The homemade biscuit was incredible

When we got to Idaho, we took a short break and were back on the road again.

We passed up a ton of tanks and solders on the freeway!
so cool!



Then we got a little rain

When we arrived in Utah, we went to the pasta factory!


We checked into our hotel and went to bed.


Day 11
 Next morning we went to Denny's. I forgot to take a picture of my food until after I had finished!

 After a hour more of driving we reached Las Vegas in Nevada.
My great uncle took us out to a Chinese buffet, which was amazing. I tried a lobster, oysters and different kinds of sushi.

 After, we drove around town.

This building reminded me of the Walt Disney Concert Hall















A cool show of lights on the roof










 Our hotel

view from our room

cool ice bucket



Day 12



 After a lot more driving we are back in California!



And that ends our Yellowstone trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or two! Thank-you